Many people continue to ask me how I am doing, but the more important question is how are the Japanese people doing?
While there are positive things happening, there is still an enormous need for various things. The recovery in Japan continues, but is slow going.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005289/The-toxic-truth-Japans-harmony-tsunami.html
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T110611002692.htm
While I feel that my life has just about returned to "normal" there are still daily reminders of the earthquake. Cracks in the roads and walls at school, old and damaged buildings being torn down, signs of "hang in there Japan", power saving initiatives including no air conditioning at school and continuing aftershocks. But, to me these things are nothing compared to what thousands of Japanese people in northeastern Japan are going through.
Another effect of the earthquake and tsunami is that Japan's already high suicide rate is increasing. As this article states, Japan's suicide rate remains one of the highest among developed nations. Please continue to pray for the Japanese people and recovery process!
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/06/08/japan.suicides/index.html
I just read that recent article about suicide. The Japanese people need the hope and love of Jesus to give them a joy and purpose in living. I'm sure Jesus is shining His light through people like you. Japan will be the featured country at this year's Dragon Boat Festival in Denver. Part of my heart will forever be stuck there. So, I am with you in my heart and prayers! Can't wait to see your family in Chicago this July when we visit for a reunion of families who have adopted from Thailand.
ReplyDelete