Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ethiopian Culture Night part 1

Sorry I haven't updated sooner, it's been a busy week! Last weekend I went to Tokyo to experience Ethiopian culture. One of my friends, Allen that I met at Mito Church is Ethiopian and invited me and some other people to experience a night of Ethiopian food, dance and music. Allen's Japanese friend Yuri and his boss and his wife joined us. Before the event his boss took us sightseeing in Tokyo. We went to Senshoji Temple in Asakusa- Japan's oldest temple.
We walked down a shopping street with food and shop venders on either side. Saw everything from Japanese kimonos, homemade senbei, paper fans, stationery and toys.

Also saw a 5 story pagoda and Japanese garden with a koi pond!














Afterwards Allen, Yuri and I explored the exciting streets of Shibuya. It was raining, but the streets were still crowded and got a quick glimpse of the shops and sights! We took pictures by the famous Hachiko statue and crossed the famous Shibuya four way crossway. Shibuya is known for its trendy shops and on the weekends certain streets are closed to cars so shoppers can cross without worry! Saw a lot of young Tokyo fashionistas around this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment