Monday, October 12, 2009

Fireworks Festival




A few weekends ago I went to a fireworks festival in Tsuchiura. Tsuchiura is a town south of Takahagi, about 90 minutes on the train. I met up with some other ALTs for a Japanese lesson before the festival. Atra is a CIR and works at the government office in Mito. In order to be a CIR (coordinator for international relations) you must be pretty fluent in Japanese. Atra was kind enough to give all of us ALTs a free lesson! After practicing some hiragana and learning some new vocabulary words we headed off to the fireworks. I learned that this fireworks competition ranked about number 3 for best fireworks in Japan, very exciting! We followed the masses and walked down a street with food venders on either side cooking everything from yakisoba and takoyaki to burgers. The show was amazing and lasted about 2 hours. It was the best fireworks display I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment