Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Skype Study
Tonight was my first bible study over skype with four other ALTs in Japan...another first for me. Everyone in the group is a first year Jet, except one girl who is a second year. One girl lives near Tokyo, another out to the West, one on Kagoshima and another on the island of Kyushu, southern tip of Japan! Tonight was introductions and sharing prayer requests. It was so interesting to hear about other people's situations and stories. For example, the girl from Kagoshima does not have any public transportation in her prefecture and drives to all 12 of her schools. Our bible study leader from Kyushu was late for study tonight, but we learned later it was because she had to travel to another island today for school! She takes a boat to other islands in order to get to her schools, crazy! One of the girls in the group is full Japanese like me, but is pretty fluent in Japanese. It was nice to hear that other people are going through similar struggles like finding a church and battling homesickness. We all come different denominations and backgrounds, but share a desire to fellowship with other believers and study God's word. We're going to study the book of Proverbs and I'm looking forward to our next meeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I think I've heard of skype, but I don't know what it is...Glad to hear Christian JETs are connecting in this way. ptl
ReplyDelete